What we do with your personal information and how it is stored
1.1 At Ventureteach (also referred to as ‘We’, ‘Our’ or ‘Us’) we take our responsibilities in storing and protecting your data very seriously. We are committed to both the protection and respect of your privacy.
We strive to keep any information we hold about you safe and secure.
We also aim to ensure any communication with you and use of the data we hold is also secure.
We are currently in the process of refining and improving our data storage procedures to ensure GDPR compliance.
The data we store is not accessible by unauthorised persons or machines.
- Visitors to our website https://www.ventureteach.com
This policy sets out to explain how we operate to protect your data and privacy.
2. Identity and Contact Details
2.1 We are legally obliged to protect personal information that we collect under the Data Protection Act 1998, (the “DPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, (the “GDPR”).
2.2 Under the DPA and GDPR, we are considered the ‘data controller’ and our address is:
17 Frobisher Way, Goring-by-sea, West Sussex, BN12 6EU
3. Personal Information collected from you
3.1 We collect and use various types of personal data about visitors to our website including:
- Data submitted via forms on our website which may include your name, email address, messages and any files you may elect to upload.
4. Bases for Processing Your Data
4.1 We use (process) your personal information in a range of ways including:
- Your consent. If you have provided us with consent to send you marketing materials, we will send you information that we believe will be of genuine interest to you.
- Legitimate interest. We may also use your personal data to send you information about our products and services that may be of interest to you. This does not affect your rights in any way and your consent can be removed at any time to the contact details provided in section 2.3
- To provide you with a quotation or proposal. If you have requested such materials from us, we will contact you via email.
- To fulfil a contract with you. If we are under contract (written, verbal or otherwise) with you, we may need to send you messages or information in order to fulfil this contract.
- Legal obligation. We may be required under law to provide data to relevant UK Authorities.
5. Sensitive Personal Information
5.1 We do not knowingly collect any sensitive personal information.
6. How We Use Personal Information
6.1 We use your personal information to send you information that you have requested, via our website, or other means. We may also use your information to provide you with an improved experience when visiting our website. We may also use your information to facilitate entering into a contract with you.
6.2 We collect, store, and use personal information about visitors to our website for the following:
- Responding to inquiries submitted via forms on the website
- Delivering products or services that you request us to provide and for the purposes of fulfilling contracts
- Sending you any marketing materials (other than those of legitimate interest) that you have consented to receive
- Sending you important information about changes to products or services
- Upholding your right to data removal
7. Sharing your information
We do not knowingly share personal data with third parties; however, we may share anonymised, non-personal data, third parties that are GDPR compliant (such as Google Analytics). No shared information is used for marketing purposes.
8. Where We Transfer and Store Personal Information
8.1 The personal information that we collect and store is held securely and is stored in a range of destinations including with our hosting provider.
9. Retention of Personal Information
9.1 We will store your personal information for a limited time that relates specifically to the nature of the information you supply to us. In general, this amount of time is for as long as is necessary to fulfil any contractual obligations.
10. Your Rights in Your Personal Information
10.1 You have rights in regard to the information we hold about you (personal information). These rights are set out below.
10.2 We process all data in line with your rights and in each case, to the extent required by any applicable laws. We respect your personal information rights in respect of:
- Access. If you request us to, we will provide you with information about if we are/are not processing your data. If we hold personal data about you, we will make available to you the information we hold and to which you are entitled.
- Correction. If any of the data we hold is incorrect, inaccurate, or incomplete we will correct said information.
- Prevention of processing that is likely to cause damage or distress. We will respect your rights under the GDPR to not process your data in any way that may cause you or any third-party unwarranted damage or distress.
- Removal of data. We will erase any personal information we hold about you upon request.
- Restrictions. If you ask us to, we will only process your personal data if certain criteria are met.
- Provision. We will provide you (or authorised third parties) a copy of any personal information we hold about you that you have provided to us electronically.
- Objections. We will respect your rights in regard to processing your data for marketing purposes. We will attempt to inform you in advance if we plan to use your data for marketing our goods or services to you. We will not share your data knowingly with third parties for marketing purposes.
browser’s cache (memory). These are set when you visit our website if you consent to them being set.
Key usage is as follows:
- Improving our website(s) and ensuring it displays correctly on your device
- Managing our website(s)
- Keeping our website safe and secure
- Collecting analytical data about how you use our website
- Storing your consent to cookies (even if you decline Cookies, we still have to set a small cookie to remember your preference)
You can find out what cookies we use and how to switch them off by clicking here
You can alter your Cookie preferences at any time on our website at the above address.
13. Making a complaint